Sunday 26 August 2012

Egg free chocolate chip cookies


I've been recovering from an op  recently so haven't been able to bake or craft as much as I'd like to. It has been driving me bonkers!
 
Luckily I'm on the mend now and I fancied doing a spot of baking today.
 
Unfortunately, being refined to the house for a few weeks has meant a lack of ingredients! Even eggs!
 
Luckily I had a few basics so thought I try an eggless cookie recipe and they worked out great! The texture is quite chewy but I'm a big fan of that! They don't brown as much as normal cookies either, but I doubt they'll hang around long enough for anyone to care!
 
Ingredients
 
2 & 1/4 cups - Plain flour
1/2 cup - softened butter
3/4 cup - Caster sugar
1 tsp - Vanilla essence or flavour
1/2 cup Oil (I used sunflower)
1 tsp Baking powder
3 tsp Water
1/2 to 1 cup of Chocolate chips (although I used peantut butter chips for mine, mmmm)!
 
Basically cream the sugar and butter together, then add everything else!
 
Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes at 190 deg and enjoy!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment